A Corporate Compliance Consultant takes Miss Universe Ireland 2023 home
Fri, Sep 22, 2023: Kildale's Aishah Akorede has won over 9 contestants and crowned new Miss Universe Ireland 2023 as the successor of outgoing queen Belfast's Katharine Walker Miss Universe Ireland 2022. The Grand Finale and Coronation Show has concluded at the pageant Venue Liberty Hall Theatre, Eden Quay, Dublin today on Friday, September 22nd, 2023 starting at 7pm.
Miss Dublin Katie O'Connor is placed 1ST Runner-up to Miss Universe Ireland while Miss Cork Sofia Labus takes 2ND Runner-up position.
Newly crowned Aishah Akorede Miss Universe Ireland 2023 will represent her nation with the national flag at upcoming The 72ND Miss Universe 2023 in El Salvador at the pageant venue Adolfo Pineda National Gymnasium (Gimnasio Nacional Adolfo Pineda) on Saturday November 18, 2023 where the reigning Miss Universe 2022, R'Bonney Gabriel will crown her successor at the end of Grand Finale.
New Queen Aishah Akorede Miss Universe Ireland 2023 is the 73RD Entry to Class of Miss Universe 2023 and The First Zimbabwean Beauty Queen in the era of Dr. Anne JKN.
Get to know Aishah Akorede
Aishah Akorede is a 24-year-old corporate compliance consultant, fashion model, and the Founder of Recrowned Ireland, a social initiative dedicated to empowering women and creating change. With LL.B and LL.M degrees in law, she leverages her legal background in her efforts to combat issues such as period poverty, sexual violence, and mental health challenges through awareness campaigns, fundraisers, mentorship programs, and impactful events. As a dedicated advocate for women's rights and social justice, she is committed to creating a brighter, more equitable future for all.
• I’m most proud of triumphing over adversity and using it as a catalyst to help others in my life.
• If I could have any superpower it would be mind-reading. I would have the ability to deeply understand and share the feelings and perspectives of others, making it easier to connect with people, build trust, and effectively continue to advocate for change.
• I’m inspired by two phenomenal women, my mother who showed me that women can do it all, and the Director General of the World Trade Organisation, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, who is an exceptional role model to girls everywhere.
• If I had to describe myself in one word it would be resilient.
• I’m happiest when I am making a meaningful difference in someone’s life.
• I can’t live without my cardigan. Ireland’s weather has a special talent for giving you a warm embrace in a chilly way!
She is Griffith College LLB Queen's University Belfast LLM Graduate working as Corporate Compliance Consultant. Akorede has founded Recrowned Ireland (Recrownedireland.com) an Empowerment Through Awareness and Action initiative which is a non-profit social justice initiative that strives to make a lasting impact on key societal concerns.