Anyone, Anywhere: NBA® 2K22 Now Available Worldwide
Jump into NBA 2K22 today to experience gameplay enhancements, all-new basketball community experiences in The City* and Neighborhood, expanded Seasons content, and much more
2K is excited to announce that NBA® 2K22, the next iteration of the top-rated NBA video game simulation series of the past 20 years**, is now available on both current- and new-generation platforms worldwide. With its release, NBA 2K22 offers best-in-class visual presentation and player AI, historic teams, and a wide variety of basketball experiences with online community features and deep, varied game modes. (Photo: Business Wire)
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, 2K is excited to announce that NBA® 2K22, the next iteration of the top-rated NBA video game simulation series of the past 20 years**, is now available on both current- and new-generation platforms worldwide. With its release, NBA 2K22 offers best-in-class visual presentation and player AI, historic teams, and a wide variety of basketball experiences with online community features and deep, varied game modes.
Basketball continues to see rapid growth all over the world, both through the rising popularity of the NBA and the virtual world experienced in our game, so this year we’re celebrating the true globalization of the franchise,” said Greg Thomas, President at Visual Concepts. “Our team is proud to bring NBA 2K22 to millions of players in our community. This is our most expansive offering yet, and whether you love on-the-court action or prefer off-the-court experiences, there is something for anyone, anywhere to tap into the basketball world.”
NBA 2K22 features several new additions and improvements, where veteran ballers and new players alike will find a variety of basketball experiences to dive into:
- Step Up Your Game - New tactical offense meets an overhauled defense for a more competitive and immersive NBA 2K22. Add skill-based dribbling, shooting, dunking, and alley-oops to your bag of moves, and counter them with ferocious new blocks and contests on the other end of the court;
- Your Journey, Your City* - MyCAREER and an all-new City become one in a groundbreaking NBA 2K22 experience for PlayStation®5 (PS5™) and Xbox Series X|S consoles. Embark on your personal journey to the pros – and a sprawling MyCAREER life – ALL within the City. Forge your own path in college, the NBA G League, or even by jumping straight to the NBA. Be a pro off the court by growing your personal brand in the music industry, fashion world, and more. And of course, ball out against the best and fiercest MyPLAYERs in the most vibrant and competitive basketball community in the world;
- All Aboard the Cruise - Set sail for the high seas in NBA 2K22 in the all-new Neighborhood, developed for PlayStation®4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. Explore each level of the ship that is designed to offer various basketball activities, create your perfect MyPLAYER, level up for rewards, and express yourself through both your game and your style;
- Your Dream Team - Collect, craft, and hoop in the ultimate NBA fantasy competition: NBA 2K22 MyTEAM. Build your dream lineup of NBA stars and legends across any era, and explore game-changing evolutions to the MyTEAM experience, with each addition introduced Season after Season;
- New Seasons, New Discoveries - Every Season brings fresh opportunities to reap new rewards. Whether in MyTEAM, MyCAREER, or The W, compete against the best and discover what amazing rewards each new Season has in store;
- First Fridays - New songs will be added to the soundtrack on every Friday throughout the Season. All-new partnerships with some of the most notable music labels in the world; Columbia Records, Def Jam Recordings, Low Profile/Casual Records, Ninja Tune, and Warner Records will offer music from both up-and-coming artists and world-renowned musicians.
Global phenomenon and two-time NBA All-Star, Luka Dončić, graces the NBA 2K22 Standard Edition and NBA 2K22 Cross-Gen Digital Bundle. The Standard Edition is available for $59.99*** on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC platforms, and $69.99*** on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. The Cross-Gen Digital Bundle is available for $79.99*** and grants players access to the Standard Edition across generations within the same PlayStation and Xbox consoles.
A trio of the NBA’s most impactful big men – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Dirk Nowitzki, and Kevin Durant – feature in a premium, NBA 2K22 NBA 75th Anniversary Edition, showcasing how each of these athletes changed the game with a cover created by world-renowned artist Charly Palmer. The NBA 2K22 NBA 75th Anniversary Edition is available for $99.99*** for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. The Cross-Gen Digital Bundle and NBA 75th Anniversary Edition provide dual-access for the PS5/PS4 and Xbox Series X|S/Xbox One platforms and provides a version of the game on each console generation within the same console family. The NBA 75th Anniversary Edition for Nintendo Switch is only available in a digital format in the EMEA region.
In North America, players can purchase a special version of the Standard Edition featuring six-time WNBA All Star and WNBA Champion, Candace Parker, on the cover and available exclusively through GameStop and EB Games. In Japan, players can purchase a special version of the Standard Edition that features Washington Wizards’ Rui Hachimura. A full breakdown of each version is available on the NBA 2K22 official website.
Developed by Visual Concepts, NBA 2K22 is rated E for Everyone from the ESRB. For more information on NBA 2K22, please visit the game’s official website.
2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
* NBA 2K22 is available on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC platforms. PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S required to play the new-generation version of NBA 2K22.
** According to 2008 - 2021 Metacritic.com
*** Based on 2K’s suggested retail price. Actual retail price may vary. See local store for info.
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher, and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. We develop and publish products principally through Rockstar Games, 2K, Private Division, and T2 Mobile Games. Our products are designed for console systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at http://www.take2games.com
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes global interactive entertainment for console and handheld gaming systems, personal computers, and mobile devices, with product availability including physical retail and digital download. The Company is home to many talented development studios, including Visual Concepts, Firaxis Games, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games, 31st Union, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. 2K’s portfolio currently includes several AAA, sports, and entertainment brands, including global powerhouse NBA® 2K; renowned BioShock®, Borderlands™, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization® and XCOM® brands; popular WWE® 2K and WWE® SuperCard franchises, as well as the critically and commercially acclaimed PGA TOUR® 2K. Additional information about 2K and its products may be found at 2K.com and on the Company’s official social media channels. 2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws and may be identified by words such as "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "potential," "predicts," "projects," "seeks," “should,” "will," or words of similar meaning and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company's future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them, which are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of risks and uncertainties including: the uncertainty of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and measures taken in response thereto; the effect that measures taken to mitigate the COVID-19 pandemic have on our operations, including our ability to timely deliver our titles and other products, and on the operations of our counterparties, including retailers and distributors; the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on both consumer demand and the discretionary spending patterns of our customers as the situation with the pandemic continues to evolve; the risks of conducting business internationally; the impact of reductions in interest rates by the Federal Reserve and other central banks, including on our short-term investment portfolio; the impact of potential inflation; volatility in foreign currency exchange rates; our dependence on key management and product development personnel; our dependence on our NBA 2K and Grand Theft Auto products and our ability to develop other hit titles; our ability to leverage opportunities on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S; the timely release and significant market acceptance of our games; the ability to maintain acceptable pricing levels on our games; and risks associated with international operations.
Other important factors and information are contained in the Company's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K, including the risks summarized in the section entitled "Risk Factors," the Company’s most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, and the Company's other periodic filings with the SEC, which can be accessed at www.take2games.com. All forward-looking statements are qualified by these cautionary statements and apply only as of the date they are made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.